Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend Thrift Shopping Finds

Me and "Symone's Mommy" hit up the local thrift stores this weekend and made some fabulous finds! She knew I had been on the lookout for an antique chest of drawers to place in my entryway directly across from my dining room and she found this gorgeous piece for only $39! There is some slight damage on the top (where it appears a mirror once sat) and I will eventually repair it and add some darker stain and change out the hardware, but for right now I am thoroughly enjoying this beautiful piece as is.

It currently sits in my entryway with my made over Hobby Lamp lamp and clearance Hobby Lobby artwork that will also be eventually revamped and hung on the wall. Also, check out Symone's Mommy thrift store finds. She picked up some beautiful items at fantastic prices!

Edited to Add: I'm linking up to The Dalomba Days' Goodwill Goodies Party.

I am also linking up to my first Thrift Store Thursday party given by Holly at Homebody.

/a>


8 comments:

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

I love it! This is exactly what I'm talking about; I could never find anything this nice and if I did it would be like $250 at the Goodwill!!! Great find

MiriamR said...

That is a beautiful Dresser! Great price too. (I am visiting from goodwill goodies)

Brittany said...

what a steal!! this looks great. thanks for coming to my goodwill party and i hope to see you wednesday.

Holly said...

That is absolutely gorgeous, and perfect for your entryway! I can't believe it was only $39; what a steal!
Thanks for joining TST :)

cindy said...

OH MY! I've been looking for something like that for awhile now...great find! BTW, I lived in Plano for a couple years ('92-93). Lived east of Central over near the park where they do the hot air balloon festival in the fall. I'm sure it's changed alot in the 16 years since I was there!

Jocelyn said...

What a lovely piece of furniture. And at such a great price!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Dayka Robinson said...

Wow-my kind of shopping! What a great find, and only $40? It goes perfectly with your decor.

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

What a beauty! I know you'll love it. We've had a little chest of drawers in our entry for years, it's the best!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin