Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bargain Find of the Week



This week's bargain find comes from Hobby Lobby. I purchased this 24x36 open back picture frame for $7.99! It is sitting on a floor easel that I purchased a few weeks back from Garden Ridge also at a great bargain price of $12.50.


I suppose the 90% off markdown is due to this small chip in one of the corners. Definitely not anything that would keep me from purchasing it! I don't exactly know yet what I am going to frame but it looks great now just sitting empty in my Family Room. Any suggestions, anyone?


I was also able to pick up another smaller frame for $4.99 to complete my collection for my family photo wall that is going in my hallway. I bought one of these frames from Hobby Lobby on clearance about 2 years ago. Ever since then, whenever I would spot one of these styles on clearance, I would pick it up. I never knew exactly what I was going to do with them until I moved into my house last spring and saw this long narrow hallway wall. I will soon be using my mat cutter and framing a lot of candid photos of family and friends!



I have used a lot of open back picture frames in various ways for wall decor throughout my home and all of them were purchased on clearance at large discounts. For example, I used these two clearance frames also from Hobby Lobby to create my own matted artwork in my breakfast nook.


I purchased these two large frames from a local furniture store and they were deeply discounted due to minor nicks and scratches. I used one to frame a vinyl wall clock and one to frame a cross that flanks my mantel in the Family room.

I am fortunate enough to have 5 Hobby Lobby stores within 15 miles of my house and I have noticed that at least two of them now have a clearance section of open back frames marked down 50% - 90% off because of scratches and dents. One of these stores have had this section open for weeks now - so this may be a permanent fixture in some of the stores. If you have a Hobby Lobby near you and are in need of some frames, this may be a great place to start looking.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin