Considering all of the time and effort I have put into other areas of my home, you would think that our bedroom would have some sort of style to it. NOT! I neglected this room because no visitors ever enter the master bedroom. I rationalize that I can just close the door whenever company comes over. Do others do this also? I shouldn’t think of our bedroom this way. It should be a place of comfort and relaxation. I should put as much emphasis on it as I do the rest of my home. Although it probably won’t be seen by many visitors, it should be enough that we will see it everyday. So I pledge that as soon as I am fully recovered from surgery, I will tackle this room and no longer neglect it.
My plans for this room include:
- Building an upholstered headboard.
- Finding a wall color and finalizing a room color scheme.
- Finding a side table or chest for the other side of the bed that is equal height to the mirrored side chest.
- Sewing a duvet and all of the accent pillows for the bed and sewing curtains for the windows.
- Finding new lamps.
- Painting the brass ceiling fan.
- Finding artwork for the walls.