Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Neglected Master Bedroom

IMG_5749

Considering all of the time and effort I have put into other areas of my home, you would think that our bedroom would have some sort of style to it. NOT! I neglected this room because no visitors ever enter the master bedroom. I rationalize that I can just close the door whenever company comes over. Do others do this also? I shouldn’t think of our bedroom this way. It should be a place of comfort and relaxation. I should put as much emphasis on it as I do the rest of my home. Although it probably won’t be seen by many visitors, it should be enough that we will see it everyday. So I pledge that as soon as I am fully recovered from surgery, I will tackle this room and no longer neglect it.

My plans for this room include:

  • Building an upholstered headboard.
  • Finding a wall color and finalizing a room color scheme.
  • Finding a side table or chest for the other side of the bed that is equal height to the mirrored side chest.
  • Sewing a duvet and all of the accent pillows for the bed and sewing curtains for the windows.
  • Finding new lamps.
  • Painting the brass ceiling fan.
  • Finding artwork for the walls.

4 comments:

Janna said...

I can't wait to see it after you get done!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Planning is my favorite part - looks like you have a lot to do. Can't wait to see your progress.

Dayka Robinson said...

I'm mad at the fact that you're able to sew and can make your own duvet!!!!! I wish I could do that. I love that mirrored chest you have, too. The good thing is that you have great space to begin with, so now you just have to find the right pieces. Can't wait to see how it comes together, and I hope you're feeling well today!

Symone's Mommy said...

And I KNOW you will do it all...and it will be fab. Martha Stewart is out of her league w/ you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin