Tuesday, November 24, 2009

O’ Christmas Tree! Part IV – DIY Bling Ornaments

Since I am not using any glass balls on the tree, I wanted to make sure that the tree still has some sparkle. I accomplished this by making some tree jewelry.

IMG_5856

I found these Gem Stones and Gem Drops at Z Gallerie a few years. They are acrylic instead of crystal but they are faceted and they do sparkle a bit. They could have easily been used as a vase filler but they came with holes in them also to allow them to be strung up for garland or such. So I used my jewelry making supplies and extra beads to create a number of these drop ornaments.

IMG_5862

IMG_5863

IMG_5868

I think they add just the bit of sparkle I was looking for.

IMG_5877

Next – Topping off the Tree!

Linking to Kimba's DIY Day at a Soft Place to Land.

8 comments:

Janna said...

Those are really cute and they do add sparkle to your tree.

SkinnyMeg said...

great idea! Your treee is looking so awesome!

Dayka Robinson said...

Get it with those "earrings" on the tree!

Garden Staff said...

How beautiful! That's a great idea for all those spare beads I have gathering dust, and the kids might actually like to help! Thanks!

Room to Inspire said...

Great idea - I am going to have to borrow this one for sure! I just started following your lovely blog - I don't know why it took me so long!

Chelsea

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

very creative! I like the way they sparkle. Your tree looks beautiful.
Happy Thanksgiving
gail

Kimba said...

I LOVE all the shades of brown on your tree. It's gorgeous!

I have a tree topper that I'm working on now (and hope to post about next week) that you are going to love. It would be perfect for your tree.

Nonflammable said...

what an excelente idea. i have lots of trinkets and such. your tree is gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin