Saturday, November 21, 2009

O’ Christmas Tree! Part II – Nontraditional Ornaments

I like a very full and lush Christmas tree and even post Christmas bargain shopping and DIY ornaments can still add up in price and be very time consuming. So I use nontraditional items as ornaments to add to the fullness of my Christmas tree.

IMG_5805

IMG_5808

One of these nontraditional items is candle rings. I purchased these from Michael’s at a 90% off after Christmas sale a few years ago. I think they cost $0.49 each and I use about 10 throughout the tree. I place the rings around a group of tips and push it towards the trunk of the tree.

IMG_5806 IMG_5811

IMG_5809

IMG_5814

I also use Christmas floral picks in the tree also. I lay the larger ones of top of the branches and the smaller ones are great for covering up the twisted tips that hold the ribbon in place. I also purchased these at 90% off a few years ago from Michael’s at prices varying from about $0.19 to $0.59 each. I use about two dozen picks throughout the tree.

IMG_5823

IMG_5818

IMG_5827

Next – Oversized DIY Ornaments. Are you wondering to yourself yet “Where is she going to find room to put anything else on that tree!?” I am only halfway finished at this point. I told you I like a full and lush tree!

6 comments:

Audra said...

It is looking GREAT! I can't wait to see it next time.

Symone's Mommy said...

They are not ready for your tree! LOL So glad we are blogging now. I'm learning so much more from you this way. You know my mind is like *chirp*chirp* unless I see it or do it. Swinging by today for my sewing lesson. Calling shortly.

Dayka Robinson said...

I love a full tree, and haven't thought of using some of that swag. I just bought some at Hobby Lobby today, but I may have to go back . . . Can't wait to see the finished tree.

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

What a beautiful tree! It suits your living room perfectly =)

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

oohlala! And you're not done? WOW!!! I can't wait to see the finished tree!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Hold on now...sewing lessons? Man I wish I lives close you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin