Wednesday, November 25, 2009

O’ Christmas Tree! Part V – Topping Off the Tree.

If you think I overdid it on the tree – wait until you see my topper! This topper was really an accident. For some reason, I never seem to find nice tree toppers on post Christmas sales so I have always used a bow or something else as a temporary solution until I found the perfect topper. Over the years I have accumulated a large selection of Christmas floral stems and leaves. Well last year, I decided to stick a couple of the floral stems into the top of the tree. I decided I like the look and just kept going until I had created a large Christmas floral arrangement on the top of the Christmas tree.

IMG_5883

IMG_5884

I start with these two glittered floral sprays. I have a plastic tie loosely wrapped around the top of the tree and I use it to hold the stems in place.

IMG_5885

IMG_5886

IMG_5887

Next, I start randomly placing stems throughout the top of the tree as if I was arranging florals in a vase. I have picked up all of the stems from places like Michael’s, Target, Garden Ridge, etc. for huge discounts after the season. I have actually purchased some before Christmas at a discount because they were considered Fall clearance. So if you use a lot of browns and copper in your Christmas decor be sure to check out the Fall clearance for items that you can also use for Christmas.

IMG_5889 IMG_5888

These glittered sprays are the only things I have purchased recently to decorate my tree this year. I found these glittered sprays at the Dollar Tree a few weeks ago and I bought a dozen of them. I wish I would have bought them all because I went back to get some more and they were all gone. I could really use some more for my mantel garland.

IMG_5891

IMG_5899

IMG_5893

IMG_5900

I think my topper adds a good foot to my 6.5ft tree! Next – A Quick and Easy Tree Skirt!

6 comments:

Symone's Mommy said...

Haha - I bet Dayka! Nothing short of Annette worthy. Now, stop...that poor tree is going to need a chiropractor.

OhhMy Gifts & Things said...

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful tree. I am waiting in anticipation for that tree skirt! Beautiful!!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Wow...very interesting. I love the colors of your trimmings.

Room to Inspire said...

Beautiful tree - love it as I do all of your decor!

Chelsea

Dayka Robinson said...

I don't know how I missed this!! Why am I just now seeing this?? I'm mad Latasha beat me! :) Anyhow, I am scaaaaaarrrrrreeeeddd of you!!! Get it with that tree! I think it's fabulous. Great job.

Melissa @ Silly Bee's Chickadees said...

Hello! May I link to your post from my blog? I am making a little post about my tree topper tricks. Although nothing as fabulous as yours! I'll definitely give your photo credit and a back link!

Here's my blog so you can check me out: http://sillybeeschickadees.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin