Monday, November 23, 2009

O’ Christmas Tree! Part III – Oversized DIY Ornaments

After the ribbon and floral picks, I start placing my large size ornaments throughout the tree.

IMG_5881

I love to use large glass ornaments, but every year I have lost more and more of my beautiful glass ornaments due to breakage. Only the glass ones seem to ever fall off the tree! So this year I am using my glass ornaments on more level surfaces only. As a substitute I am using these large plastic ornaments I bought for $0.79 for a pack of three at last year’s Hobby Lobby’s after Christmas clearance.

IMG_5847 IMG_5851

IMG_5882

IMG_5852

I bought 5 packs of these and I have decorated them in different ways. I have spray painted some, embossed some, glittered some and beaded some. It was fun trying to come up with different ways to decorate them.

IMG_5878

I also used four of these oversized crosses that I purchased at Garden Ridge’s after Christmas clearance a few years ago. I liked these so much that I went to every Garden Ridge that was within a reasonable driving distance to find more of these, but I could only find four.

IMG_5853

I know you are probably saying to yourself that I should really stop now - add a topper and call it done. Not yet! Next – Bling Bling!

6 comments:

Dayka Robinson said...

MORE, MORE, MORE!!! I love it! :)

Janna said...

It's beautiful already, but I can't wait to see more. I love the embossed ornament. I can't wait to put me tree up, but mine wont be as fancy as yours.

Barbara Jean said...

This is really pretty.
I think it looks great, but it's your tree. Pile it high if you want! =0))

blessings

barbara jean

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

WOW....there's more?!?! Okay you know I want to see it! Looking good so far!

Symone's Mommy said...

I love how your story is unfolding.

The Do-it-All Mama said...

OOOO, I love the cross! Beautiful...oh you are making me go to the attic and pull all my Christmas decor out, forget about waiting on Al!

I bought so much stuff last year at Hobby Lobby 90% off after Christmas.... I can't wait.

You do beautiful work Annette, keep it up!

Posts coming soon!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin