Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pick Colors You Love!

When trying to decide on colors to use to furnish and decorate your home, look no further then your own closet! It is likely that the majority of colors you choose for your wardrobe and accessories are the same colors you are most attracted to and would feel most comfortable with in your home. Here are a couple of pieces from my wardrobe to further illustrate this point.

This is one of my favorite handbags.

Here is a pair of shoes that immediately caught my eye when I was on my way to the restroom in Macy's. I wasn't even shopping for shoes, but at a clearance and coupon price of $17 and it being tax free weekend in Texas I couldn't pass these up!

And here is my "goes with everything" lipgloss.

Do you notice a pattern here? They all contain various shades of browns, beiges and golds - the same colors I have used to decorate most of my home (and my blog!).

4 comments:

Symone's Mommy said...

Preaching to the choir. Red is a must for me.

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

I've heard this before, but when I looked in my closet I saw black! oh and some pink....And I am NOT decorating with those colors!!! Oh and I did see some plum too!

Dayka Robinson said...

I love browns, too. Light, warm, dark, cool, I love them all. Just telling LaTasha that I painted m guest bedroom a "tiffany" blue a few years back and now I hate it. A lot of people like the color, but it just isn't me. I found a can of brown-ish ops paint and will be re-painting soon!

undomestic mama said...

You must share the name of that lip gloss! Oddly enough, I have a lot of pink, white and black but am loving grays in rooms right now. My wardrobe is based on what shoes I can wear with an item.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin